HOW TO APPLY
Dr. Felicia Pontoo
Director of Admissions
Students in PS, PK, K, and first grade must have a birth date on or before September 1 of the appropriate year. (For example, a student entering Kindergarten must have turned 5 on or before September 1 of the year he or she enters kindergarten.) Admission for older students is based on the results of Mead Hall’s placement test and visit, as well as recommendations, transcripts, and testing received from the previous school.
Panther Admission Process
- Prospective Panthers and their families will be provided with an admission packet and invited to tour both campuses located in historic downtown Aiken. Tours are led by our Director of Admissions and prospective panthers will be able to meet with Student Ambassadors, faculty, and the Head of School.
- With the support of our Director of Admissions, prospective families are invited to apply via the FACTS online application process. There is a $60 application fee for each prospective student. Families may also apply for financial aid.
- The Director of Admissions will then request academic transcripts and reports from the student’s previous educational institution(s). Students will also prepare for and take a readiness screening (PK – K) or a placement test (Lower and Middle School).
- If a student is applying to our Middle or Upper School, he or she will be invited to shadow one of our existing Panthers in his or her appropriate grade level and meet with our Head of School and other key faculty members.
- If your child is particularly interested in pursing an athletic activity, he or she will have the opportunity to meet with our Athletic Director, Coach Antonio Grant. To read about Coach Grant’s inspiring path to teaching please click here.
- Mead Hall Episcopal School will begin the decision process and communicate admission status to parents/guardian. Once students are accepted and enrolled, parents/guardians will meet with their Panther Parent Mentor who will support their family during the transition. Start dates, schedules, and orientation will be shared with a new families once enrollment is complete.